Floor Pianos or Piano Mats for kids can be great fun for toddlers as it allows them to jump around and dance while making music.
Piano mats became extremely popular over the past ten years, so much so that arcade games were created to meet the demand of excited kids wanting to showoff their dancing skills.
This particular piano mat is designed for toddlers and younger children, to encourage them to let themselves go, lose all inhibitions, become familiar with music, and just have fun!
Features Of This Piano Mat For Kids
This large floor piano mat is designed to make learning music fun and exciting for kids, and to help them experiment with sounds by stomping and jumping up and down on the keys.
Features of this floor Piano Mat for kids include:
- Large size 59? X 24?
- 4 Modes: Play, record, playback, and demo mode
- 7 pre-recorded demo songs
- 10 selectable instrument sounds: Guitar, Piano, clarinet, trumpet, Sax, Violin, Banjo, Accordian, Harp, Xylophone
- 17 black and white keys
- Auto power off switch to save battery life
- Adjustable volume control
- Requires 3AA batteries (batteries come with it, but you’ll want spares on hand)
Age Range For Toddlers
According to the company selling this mat, it is appropriate for children ages 3 and up.
However, it should be suitable for any toddler who is steady on their feet and can walk well.
While this is definitely a toy you should purchase for a toddler, it will also be played with for years by school age children, and even parents themselves have fun making music with their feet!
Benefits Of This Floor Piano Mat
These benefits include:
- Helps develop gross motor skills as your child steps on, hops, and dances on this mat to make music while having fun
- Introduces your child to what different instruments sound like
- Cause and Effect: Children quickly learn that stepping on the keys produces a pleasing musical note
- Creativity: The playback feature on this piano mat encourages your child to be creative in creating their own music
What Toddlers Like About This Floor Piano Mat
Judging by the reviews, children of all ages love playing with this piano mat and find it fun and entertaining.
Children really seem to like the idea of dancing while actually making the music, and one parent even reported that their young school age children actually ran to play with this mat the moment they got home from school.
Parents seem to like the Piano Mat almost as much as their children do. They feel the mat is durable, has a good sound quality, and works on both hard floors and carpeting.
Many parents also admit that they enjoy playing with the piano mat both with their toddler and without them.
The Piano mat is a great toy for children of all ages and even promotes family bonding, since parents and grandparents also like playing on this fun and inexpensive toy piano.